In this episode, Mary talks with Dr. Adam Wright, who works with elite athletes, military, and successful CEOs on strategies for optimal performance. Between changes in the workforce and economy and our health, performing under pressure is more critical than ever. Throughout the episode, Mary and Adam cover key strategies for mental and physical conditioning and how to implement them into busy schedules.
Dr. Adam Wright is an internationally recognized peak performance consultant who specializes in the mental and physical conditioning of elite athletes and performers. Over the past twenty years, he has coached high-level performers and teams across a broad range of fields, including amateur and professional athletes, internationally acclaimed artists, CEO’s and hedge fund executives. He is a peer reviewed author, university lecturer in sport and exercise psychology, and speaker on optimal human performance and positive youth coaching. Adam received his Bachelor’s degree from LaSalle University in Philosophy (Maxima Cum Laude) and his Master’s and Doctoral degrees from Temple University in Kinesiology with a specialization in the Psychology of Movement and an emphasis in Applied Sport and Exercise Psychology. He is also an ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist and a NSCA Certified Strength and Conditioning Coach.
Resources mentioned in this episode
- Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance by Angela Duckworth
- Antifragile: Things that Gain From Disorder by Nassim Taleb
- The Chimp Paradox: The Mind Management Programme to Help You Achieve Success, Confidence and Happiness by Dr. Steve Peters
- Research on Acceptance and Commitment Therapy by Dr. Steven Hayes
- Radical Truth and Radical Transparency by Ray Dalio
- How to Build Your Personal Resilience by Mary Humiston
- 8 Ways To Create Flow According to Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi